Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
MIMO Soft Near-ML Demodulation with Fixed Low-Complexity Candidate Selection
- MIMO Soft Near-ML Demodulation with Fixed Low-Complexity Candidate Selection
- Choi, Ji-Woong; Lee, Jungwon; Choi, Jihwan P.; Lou, Hui-Ling
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- IEICE Transactions on Communications, E95B(9), 2884-2891
- Article Type
- Bit-to-Symbol Mapping; Candidate Selection; Complex Multiplication; Computer Simulation; Decoding; Demodulation; Distance Calculation; Euclidean Distance; Likelihood Information; Low-Complexity; MIMO Systems; Multiple-Input-Multiple-Ouput (MIMO); Near-ML (Maximum Likelihood) Demodulation; Near-Optimal Performance; Optical Variables Measurement; Regular Structure; Soft Decoding
- In this paper, we propose a soft-decoding near-MLMIMO demodulation scheme that achieves near optimal performance with fixed and low complexity. Exploiting the regular structure of bit-to-symbol mapping, the proposed scheme performs hard demodulation to find the first candidate symbol for each stream followed by selection of nearby candidate points such that at least one candidate exists for the computation of likelihood information of bit 0 and 1 without intermediate calculation of the Euclidean distance. This demodulation scheme enables an improvement in performance by guaranteeing the existence of candidates and a significant reduction in the number of distance calculations which is a major complexity burden. The performance is evaluated by computer simulation, and computational complexity is also assessed in terms of the number of complex multiplication. Copyright © 2012 The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
- Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
- Related Researcher
Choi, Ji Woong
CSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab
Communication System; Signal Processing; Communication Circuit Design; 생체 신호 통신 및 신호 처리; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI); 차세대 교차계층 통신 및 신호 처리; 5G 모바일 통신
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.