Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Attitude control strategies overcoming the topological obstruction on SO(3)
- Attitude control strategies overcoming the topological obstruction on SO(3)
- Lee, Taeyoung; Chang, Dong Eui; Eun, Yongsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Eun, Yongsoon
- Issue Date
- 2017 American Control Conference, ACC 2017, 2225-2230
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Global tracking strategies are presented for the attitude dynamics of a rigid body. Due to the inherent topological restriction, it is impossible to achieve global attractivity with any continuous attitude control system on the special orthogonal group. Recently, the topological restriction has been dealt with switching between multiple configuration error functions according to the hybrid system framework. This paper proposes an alternative attitude control strategy to achieve exponential stability where the region of attraction covers the entire special orthogonal group. This is achieved by the novel ideal of adjusting the desired attitude trajectory via a conjugacy class. The unique contribution is that the topological restriction in attitude controls is addressed without introducing discontinuities with respect to time. © 2017 American Automatic Control Council (AACC).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Eun, Yong Soon
DSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)
Resilient control systems; Control systems with nonlinear sensors and actuators; Quasi-linear control systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Networked control systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringDSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.