Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Simulation of the influence of asymmetrical metallic apertures of the plasmonic infrared filter
- Simulation of the influence of asymmetrical metallic apertures of the plasmonic infrared filter
- Lyu, Hong-Kun; Park, Young-Jin; Cho, Hui-Sup; Jo, Sung-Hyun; Shin, Jang-Kyoo
- DGIST Authors
- Lyu, Hong-Kun; Cho, Hui-Sup
- Issue Date
- 23rd SPIE Conference on Physics and Simulation of Optoelectronic Devices, 9357
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In recent times, much research in the field of complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) image sensors (CISs) regarding plasmonic color filters (PCFs) has been reported. In this paper, we investigated the influence of vertically asymmetrical metallic apertures on the extraordinary optical transmission of PCFs. We designed a structural model of the asymmetric cylindrical aperture. In addition, we simulated the spectral variation in the wavelength transmission. For the simulation, we used a commercial computer simulation tool utilizing the FDTD method. SiO was used as the substrate insulator, top-side insulator, and the fill material in the cylindrical aperture. We applied Au as the metal layer; dispersion information for Au was derived from the Lorentz-Drude model. We also presented the electric field distribution under several different conditions at the peak wavelength of the calculated transmission spectrum. Furthermore, we determined the transmittance spectral characteristics and the peak transmittance under several different conditions. © 2015 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.