Cited 0 time in
Cited 12 time in
Adaptive two-level frame aggregation in IEEE 802.11n WLAN
- Adaptive two-level frame aggregation in IEEE 802.11n WLAN
- Kim, Youngsoo; Monroy, Edwin; Lee, Okhwan; Park, Kyung-Joon; Choi, Sunghyun
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- 18th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications: Green and Smart Communications for IT Innovation, 658-663
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In order to reduce the overhead of legacy WLANs, the IEEE 802.11n standard defines two aggregation schemes, i.e., A-MSDU and A-MPDU. In general, A-MPDU outperforms A-MSDU due to its selective retransmission capability. However, A-MPDU has a fundamental restriction on the minimum separation in time between the start of two consecutive subframes carried on the same A-MPDU. If such a gap is smaller than the minimum MPDU start spacing of the receiver, the sender should insert additional padding, thus resulting in throughput degradation. The main contribution of this paper is that we provide an adaptive aggregation scheme in which the sender conveys A-MSDUs within A-MPDUs in an adaptive manner, in order to resolve this potential problem in A-MPDU. Our analytical and simulation results demonstrate that the proposed scheme improves throughput performance over A-MPDU and A-MSDU by up to 280% and 19%, respectively. © 2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Park, Kyung Joon
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Design of Wireless Network for Cyber-Physical System; 무선 센서 네트워크; 강인 무선 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.