Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
One-Pot Synthesis of ZnAl Double Hydroxide Powders and Their Calcined Oxide Composites for Lithium-Ion Battery Applications
- One-Pot Synthesis of ZnAl Double Hydroxide Powders and Their Calcined Oxide Composites for Lithium-Ion Battery Applications
- Jung, Young Min; Kim, Jae Hyeon; Baek, Seong Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jae Hyeon; Baek, Seong Ho
- Issue Date
- Science of Advanced Materials, 9(10), 1801-1805
- Article Type
- ZnAl LDH; Anode Material; Lithium-Ion Battery; Mixed Metal Oxide; Carbon; Coating; Layered Double Hydroxide; Mixed-Metal Oxides; Al; Nanocomposites; Electrodes; Nanostructures; Intercalation; Performance; Mechanism; Silicon
- In this work, we introduce a process for facile synthesis of ZnAl layered double hydroxide (LDH) powders and their calcined oxide composites for use in energy storage applications. First, Zn2++ cations are isomorphously substituted by Al3+ cations, then ZnAl LDH structures are obtained using a hydrothermal method. Subsequently, ZnAl LDH powders are calcined under argon gas to create Li-ion battery anode materials. After thermal decomposition, ZnAl LDH structures are changed into nanoporous ZnO/ZnAl2O4 mixed metal oxides (MMO), which retain the plate-like structures of ZnAl LDH. To evaluate the electrochemical properties of ZnO/ZnAl2O4 MMO for Li-ion battery applications, a galvanostatic lithiation-delithiation test is applied to the coin-type half cells. Moreover, carbon-coating was introduced on MMO composites to improve their poor electrical conductivity. We found that the electrochemical performances of carbon-coated ZnO/ZnAl2O4 MMO composites were greatly improved by the enhanced electrical conductivity, compared to pristine MMO powders, as confirmed by the electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. © 2017 by American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.