Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Generalization of Series Elastic Actuator configurations and dynamic behavior comparison
- Generalization of Series Elastic Actuator configurations and dynamic behavior comparison
- Lee, Chan; Kwak, Su Hui; Kwak, Ji Hoo; Oh, Se Hoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Se Hoon
- Issue Date
- Actuators, 6(3)
- Article Type
- Categorization; Compliant element; Design criteria; FSEA; Performance; RFSEA; Series Elastic Actuator (SEA); TFSEA; Transmissibility; Variable Impedance Actuator (VIA)
- The Series Elastic Actuator (SEA) has recently been developed by many research groups and applied in various fields. As SEA is the combination of motor, spring, gear and load, various types and configurations of mechanism have been developed as SEAs to satisfy many requirements necessary for the applications. This paper provides a theoretical framework to categorize and compare these various configurations of SEAs. The general structure and model of SEA is provided, and SEA configurations are categorized into Force-sensing Series Elastic Actuator, Reaction Force-sensing Series Elastic Actuator and Transmitted Force-sensing Series Elastic Actuator, based on the relative location of the spring. Criteria such as Force sensitivity, Compliance and Transmissibility of SEA are derived and compared using actual SEAs that have been developed previously. © 2017 by the authors.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
Oh, Se Hoon
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.