Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Ecofriendly electroactive polymer actuator using highly porous carboxylated bacterial cellulose
- Ecofriendly electroactive polymer actuator using highly porous carboxylated bacterial cellulose
- Wang, Fan; Cho, Sung Hoon; Choi, Eun Pyo; Park, Jong Oh; Park, Suk Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Suk Ho
- Issue Date
- 14th International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology, ECTI-CON 2017, 234-237
- Ecofriendly high-performance electroactive polymer actuators have received great attention due to their applications in human friendly electronics such as soft haptic devices, wearable electronics, and biomedical robots. Here, we report an ecofriendly electroactive soft actuator based on porous carboxylated bacterial cellulose (CBC) membrane, thereby realizing large bending deformation, fast response, and excellent durability in open air environment. The porous CBC membrane was fabricated using the facile zinc oxide (ZnO) nanoparticles particulate leaching (PL) method. The porous CBC actuator showed high actuation performances because of the enhanced electrochemical properties of CBC membranes. The developed CBC actuator can be a promising candidate for human-related bioengineering as well as biomedical active devices and biomimetic robots. © 2017 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Park, Suk Ho
Multiscale Biomedical Robotics Laboratory
Biomedical Micro/Nano Robotics; Biomedical Devices and Instruments
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringMultiscale Biomedical Robotics Laboratory2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.