Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Anisotropic suppression of octahedral breathing distortion with the fully strained BaBiO3/BaCeO3 heterointerface
- Anisotropic suppression of octahedral breathing distortion with the fully strained BaBiO3/BaCeO3 heterointerface
- Lee, Han Gyeol; Kim, Ro Kyeon; Kim, Jin Kwon; Kim, Mi Nu; Kim, Tae Heon; Lee, Shin Buhm; Noh, Tae Won
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Shin Buhm
- Issue Date
- APL Materials, 6(1)
- Article Type
- Bismuth compounds; Calculations; Cerium compounds; Epitaxial films; Oxide films; Perovskite solar cells; Thin films; Displacement modes; First-principles calculation; Hetero interfaces; Octahedral tilting; Optical spectroscopy; Perovskite oxide thin films; Physiochemical effects; Unit cells; Barium compounds
- While the physiochemical effects of octahedral tilting and rotating distortions have been studied extensively, octahedral breathing distortion (OBD) at heterointerfaces has rarely been explored. Here, we investigated OBD in fully strained BaBiO3 (BBO) epitaxial films by making a new type of oxide heterointerface with non-breathing BaCeO3 epitaxial films. The integration of first-principles calculations with experimental observations of optical spectroscopy revealed that the oxygen displacement modes in BBO became disordered within six unit cells at the heterointerface and the surface. Controlling OBD in perovskite oxide thin films provides a means to exploit emerging material properties. © 2018 Author(s).
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
- Related Researcher
Lee, Shin Buhm
Multifunctional films; Experimental condensed matter physics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials Scienceshinbuhmlee Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.