Cited 6 time in
Cited 5 time in
Characterization of Site-specific Recombination Mediated by Cre Recombinase during the Development of Erythropoietin Producing CHO Cell Lines
- Characterization of Site-specific Recombination Mediated by Cre Recombinase during the Development of Erythropoietin Producing CHO Cell Lines
- Kim, Min Soo; Kim, Won Hee; Lee, Gyun Min
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Min Soo
- Issue Date
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, 13(4), 418-423
- Article Type
- Cre-mediated cassette exchange; erythropoietin (EPO); cell line development
- The establishment of erythropoietin (EPO) producing Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cell lines was conducted using Cre-mediated cassette exchange. The characterization of site-specific recombination mediated by Cre-recombinase during the cell line development was also performed. A total of six parental clones, which had various green fluorescence levels ranging from high to low and containing a single copy of insertion vector (pEGFP-m2), were screened. The EPO targeting vector (pIC-m2-EPO) was targeted into the 6 parental clones by Cre-mediated cassette exchange. Correctly targeted clones were obtained from 4 out of 6 parental clones with 0∼15% of targeting efficiencies. Moreover, there was a positive relationship (R2 = 0.87) between fluorescence levels of the parental clones before Cre-mediated cassette exchange and specific EPO productivities (q EPO) of the correctly targeted clones after Cre-mediated cassette exchange. Therefore, it was verified that the chromosomal loci's characteristic gene expression level was not modified even after cassette exchange mediated by Cre recombinase during the development of EPO producing CHO cell lines. This finding implies that the reproducible development of CHO cell lines largely producing a desired protein is expected to be achieved by Cre-mediated cassette exchange. © The Korean Society for Biotechnology and Bioengineering and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg GmbH 2008.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Min Soo
Big Data Systems; Big Data Mining & Machine Learning; Big Data Bioinformatics; 데이터 마이닝 및 빅데이터 분석; 바이오인포메틱스 및 뉴로인포메틱스; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringInfoLab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.