Cited 11 time in
Cited 15 time in
Magnetic Actuation Based Motion Control for Microrobots: An Overview
- Magnetic Actuation Based Motion Control for Microrobots: An Overview
- Xu, Tiantian; Yu, Jiangfan; Yan, Xiaohui; Choi, Hongsoo; Zhang, Li
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Hongsoo
- Issue Date
- Micromachines, 6(9), 1346-1364
- Article Type
- Benchmarking; Biological Substance; Closed-Loop Control Systems; Complex Environments; Control; Degrees of Freedom (Mechanics); Magnetic Actuation; Magnetism; Micromanipulators; Microrobots; Motion Control; Multiple Degrees of Freedom; Path Following Control; Pre-Programmed Control; Targeted Drug Delivery
- Untethered, controllable, mobile microrobots have been proposed for numerous applications, ranging from micro-manipulation, in vitro tasks (e.g., operation of microscale biological substances) to in vivo applications (e.g., targeted drug delivery; brachytherapy; hyperthermia, etc.), due to their small-scale dimensions and accessibility to tiny and complex environments. Researchers have used different magnetic actuation systems allowing custom-designed workspace and multiple degrees of freedom (DoF) to actuate microrobots with various motion control methods from open-loop pre-programmed control to closed-loop path-following control. This article provides an overview of the magnetic actuation systems and the magnetic actuation-based control methods for microrobots. An overall benchmark on the magnetic actuation system and control method is also discussed according to the applications of microrobots. © 2015 by the authors.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
Choi, Hong Soo
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.