Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Cost-effective, asynchronous inter-sensor distance estimation using trigonometry
- Cost-effective, asynchronous inter-sensor distance estimation using trigonometry
- Yoon, JW[Yoon, J. -W.]; Park, H[Park, H.]; Kim, NS[Kim, N. S.]; Park, T[Park, T.]
- DGIST Authors
- Yoon, JW[Yoon, J. -W.]; Park, H[Park, H.]
- Issue Date
- Electronics Letters, 52(12), 1080-1081
- Article Type
- Cost-Benefit Analysis; Cost-Effective; Cost Effectiveness; Cost Estimating; Distance Estimation; Geometry; Localisation; Measurements of; Moving Objects; Multi-Dimensional Scaling; Sensor Device; Sensor Networks
- Precise estimation of inter-sensor distances is essential for reliable localisation in Internet of Things sensor networks. A cost-effective, scalable, asynchronous solution to estimate inter-sensor distances based solely on measurements of distances to a moving object is proposed. More specifically, the proposed solution estimates uncharted distances using trigonometry and processes these estimated distances with a distributed weighted multi-dimensional scaling algorithm for more precise localisation of sensors. It is demonstrated that the proposed solution achieves the localisation error of 4.8-33.9 cm when the measurement errors of sensor devices are in the range of 5-40%. © The Institution of Engineering and Technology 2016.
- Institution of Engineering and Technology
There are no files associated with this item.
- Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.