Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
Fermi resonance in dynamical tunneling in a chaotic billiard
- Fermi resonance in dynamical tunneling in a chaotic billiard
- Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Kim, JH[Kim, Ji-Hwan]; Yu, HH[Yu, Hyeon-Hye]; Lee, JW[Lee, Ji-Won]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- DGIST Authors
- Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Lee, JW[Lee, Ji-Won]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- Issue Date
- Physical Review E: Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, 92(2)
- Article Type
- Avoided Crossings; Chaos Theory; Eigenvalues and Eigenfunctions; Fermi Resonances; Quadrupoles; Quantum Numbers; Quantum Theory; Resonance; Unstable Periodic Orbits
- We elucidate that Fermi resonance ever plays a decisive role in dynamical tunneling in a chaotic billiard. Interacting with each other through an avoided crossing, a pair of eigenfunctions are coupled through tunneling channels for dynamical tunneling. In this case, the tunneling channels are an islands chain and its pair unstable periodic orbit, which equals the quantum number difference of the eigenfunctions. This phenomenon of dynamical tunneling is confirmed in a quadrupole billiard in relation with Fermi resonance. © 2015 American Physical Society.
- American Physical Society
- Related Researcher
Kim, Chil Min
Micro Laser Laboratory
Laser; Nonlinear Dynamics; Quantum Chaos; Microcavity Laser
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.