Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
Combinational Approach of Electrochemical Etching and Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching for p-Type Silicon Wire Formation
- Combinational Approach of Electrochemical Etching and Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching for p-Type Silicon Wire Formation
- Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Choi, HJ[Choi, Ho-Jin]; Oh, BY[Oh, Byeong-Yun]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Choi, HJ[Choi, Ho-Jin]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, 14(1), D5-D9
- Article Type
- Aspect Ratio; Crystal Orientation; Electrochemical Etching; Etch Pits; Hydrofluoric Acid; Koh Etching; Manufacturing Cost; Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching; New Process; P-Type Silicon; Porous Silicon; Potassium Hydroxide; Silicon Substrates; Silicon Wires; Wire
- Ordered porous silicon and silicon wire arrays are conventionally fabricated by electrochemical etching in an electrolyte incorporating hydrofluoric acid through formation of a periodical etch pit with an inversed pyramid shape created by KOH etching depending on the crystal orientation of silicon. We propose a new process to form an etch pit using metal-assisted chemical etching, which is not dependent on the crystal orientation of the silicon substrate. The proposed process involves a simpler electrochemical etching process and lower manufacturing cost. Furthermore, it is exploited to produce p-type silicon wire arrays with aspect ratio of more than 5. © 2010 The Electrochemical Society.
- Electrochemical and Solid-State
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
ETC1. Journal Articles
Division of Nano∙Energy Convergence Research1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.