Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Enhanced Open-Circuit Voltage in Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics via Reactivity-Controlled Solution-Phase Ligand Exchange
- Enhanced Open-Circuit Voltage in Colloidal Quantum Dot Photovoltaics via Reactivity-Controlled Solution-Phase Ligand Exchange
- Jo, Jea Woong; Kim, Young Hoon; Choi, Jongmin; Arquer, F. Pelayo García de; Walters, Grant; Sun, Bin; Ouellette, Olivier; Kim, Junghwan; Proppe, Andrew H.; Bermudez, Rafael Quintero; Fan, James; Xu, Jixian; Tan, Chih Shan; Voznyy, Oleksandr; Sargent, Edward H.
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young Hoon
- Issue Date
- Advanced Materials, 29(43)
- Article Type
- Colloidal Quantum Dots; Energy Disorder; Ligand Exchanges; Ligands; Monodispersity; Nanocrystals; Open Circuit Voltage; Open-Circuit Voltage; Photovoltaics; Polydispersity; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Reactive Species; Semiconductor Quantum Dots; Solar Cells; Solar Control Films; Solution Phase; Solution-Phase Ligand Exchange; Timing Circuits
- The energy disorder that arises from colloidal quantum dot (CQD) polydispersity limits the open-circuit voltage (VOC) and efficiency of CQD photovoltaics. This energy broadening is significantly deteriorated today during CQD ligand exchange and film assembly. Here, a new solution-phase ligand exchange that, via judicious incorporation of reactivity-engineered additives, provides improved monodispersity in final CQD films is reported. It has been found that increasing the concentration of the less reactive species prevents CQD fusion and etching. As a result, CQD solar cells with a VOC of 0.7 V (vs 0.61 V for the control) for CQD films with exciton peak at 1.28 eV and a power conversion efficiency of 10.9% (vs 10.1% for the control) is achieved. © 2017 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.