Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Potentiodynamic Electrodeposition of CoSe2 Films and Their Excellent Electrocatalytic Activity as Counter Electrodes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Potentiodynamic Electrodeposition of CoSe2 Films and Their Excellent Electrocatalytic Activity as Counter Electrodes for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Vu Hong Vinh Quy; Park, Jeong-Hyun; Kang, Soon-Hyung; Kim, Hyunsoo; Ahn, Kwang-Soon
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 166(10), H473-H479
- Article Type
- ENERGY-CONVERSION; ELECTROLYTES; EFFICIENCY; REDUCTION; NANORODS
- Cobalt selenide (CoSe2) thin films are successfully formed on F-doped SnO2 (FTO) via a single step potentiodynamic electrodeposition process without any post treatment, and are utilized as counter electrodes (CEs) for dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). The electrochemical behavior of the electrodeposited FTO/CoSe2 films is examined through Tafel polarization, cyclic voltammetry, and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy measurements. The results indicate that the FTO/CoSe2 films exhibit outstanding electrocatalytic ability and electrochemical stability toward the I−/I3 − redox couple. The optimized FTO/CoSe2 film fully covers the FTO substrate and features a nanoporous structure of interconnecting nanocrystalline networks, which is beneficial for the diffusion of ions and provides numerous electrochemical active sites. The optimized DSSC using FTO/CoSe2 as CE exhibits a significantly improved cell efficiency of 7.95% compared to that of the DSSC using FTO/Pt as CE (7.48%). © 2019 The Electrochemical Society.
- Electrochemical Society, Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.