Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
헥사메틸렌테트라민 농도에 따른 수산화니켈 입자의 특성 분석 및 의사커패시터 응용
- 헥사메틸렌테트라민 농도에 따른 수산화니켈 입자의 특성 분석 및 의사커패시터 응용
- Translated Title
- The Effects of Hexamethylenetetramine Concentration on the Structural and Electrochemical Performances of Ni(OH)2 Powder for Pseudocapacitor Applications
- 김동연; 정영민; 백성호; 손인준
- DGIST Authors
- 정영민; 백성호
- Issue Date
- 한국분말야금학회지, 26(3), 231-236
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Pseudocapacitor; Nickel hydroxide; Electrodeposition; Hexamethylenetetramine; Cathodic current
- Ni hydroxides (Ni(OH)2) are synthesized on Ni foam by varying the hexamethylenetetramine (HMT) concentration using an electrodeposition process for pseudocapacitor (PC) applications. In addition, the effects of HMT concentration on the Ni(OH)2 structure and the electrochemical properties of the PCs are investigated. HMT is the source of amine-based OH− in the solution; thus, the growth rate and morphological structure of Ni(OH)2 are influenced by HMT concentration. When Ni(OH)2 is electrodeposited at a constant voltage mode of -0.85 V vs. Ag/AgCl, the cathodic current and the number of nucleations are significantly reduced with increasing concentration of HMT from 0 to 10 mM. Therefore, Ni(OH)2 is sparsely formed on the Ni foam with increasing HMT concentration, showing a layered double-hydroxide structure. However, loosely packed Ni(OH)2 grains that are spread on Ni foam maintain a much greater surface area for reaction and result in the effective utilization of the electrode material due to the steric hindrance effect. It is suggested that the Ni(OH)2 electrodes with HMT concentration of 7.5 mM have the maximum specific capacitance (1023 F/g), which is attributed to the facile electrolyte penetration and fast proton exchange via optimized surface areas.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.