Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Innovative flat-plate solar collector (FPC) with coloured water flowing through a transparent tube
- Innovative flat-plate solar collector (FPC) with coloured water flowing through a transparent tube
- Kim, Sedong; Jeong, Hyomin; Park, Jin Young; Baek, Seung Yeop; Lee, Ajeong; Choi, Soon-Ho
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, 9(42), 24192-24202
- Article Type
- THERMAL PERFORMANCE; COOLING SYSTEM; CO2; ABSORPTION; SIMULATION; REDUCTION; VACUUM
- Of all types of solar collector, the flat-plate collector (FPC) has the lowest performance, but is the most widely used because of its low cost and easy maintenance. To effectively collect solar light in the conventional FPCs, metal tubes with a high thermal conductivity are installed under an absorption plate. However, in this study, in order to take advantage of the sunlight absorption capacity of coloured water flowing through a tube, a transparent tube was installed on the absorbing plate. The resulting new FPC suggested in this study is a direct absorption solar collector (DASC). To investigate its performance as a function of the colours of the working fluid, four colours of water were supplied to the FPC: transparent (pure water), red, violet and black. From the experimental results, the new FPC suggested in this study was found to have about 5% higher performance than those of the conventional types of FPC, which means that the new concept of FPC can profitably replace the conventional FPCs. © 2019 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.