Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Dibenzo[: B, d] furan and dibenzo [b, d] thiophene molecular dimers as hole blocking materials for high-efficiency and long-lived blue phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes
- Dibenzo[: B, d] furan and dibenzo [b, d] thiophene molecular dimers as hole blocking materials for high-efficiency and long-lived blue phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes
- Jang, Seokhoon; Lee, Kyung Hyung; Lee, Jun Yeob; Lee, Youngu
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Youngu
- Issue Date
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 7(31), 9599-9608
- Article Type
- ELECTRON-TRANSPORT MATERIALS; HIGH TRIPLET ENERGY; HOST MATERIAL; OLEDS; GREEN; COMPLEXES; LIFETIME; VOLTAGE
- Novel hole blocking materials (HBMs) based on dibenzo[b,d]furan and dibenzo[b,d]thiophene molecular dimers have been rationally designed and synthesized for high-efficiency and long-lived blue phosphorescent organic light-emitting diodes (PhOLEDs). Thermal, optical, and electrochemical analyses show that [2,2′-bidibenzo[b,d]furan]-6,6′-diylbis(diphenylphosphine oxide) (DBF-d-PO), [2,2′-bidibenzo[b,d]thiophene]-6,6′-diylbis(diphenylphosphine oxide) (DBT-d-PO), 6,6′-di(pyridine-3-yl)-2,2′-bidibenzo[b,d]furan (DBF-d-Py), and 6,6′-di(pyridine-3-yl)-2,2′-bidibenzo[b,d]thiophene (DBT-d-Py) possess high thermal stability, deep highest occupied molecular orbital energy levels (-6.61 to -6.95 eV), and high triplet energy (ET) (2.68-2.95 eV). Blue PhOLEDs with DBF-d-PO, DBT-d-PO, DBF-d-Py, and DBT-d-Py exhibit low turn-on and operating voltages, excellent external quantum efficiency, and high current and power efficiencies. A blue PhOLED with DBF-d-Py shows the best efficiency with a maximum external quantum efficiency of 24.3%, a maximum current efficiency of 44.3 cd A-1, and a maximum power efficiency of 46.4 lm W-1. In addition, it exhibits an outstanding external quantum efficiency of 22.4% at a practical luminance of 1000 cd m-2 and a very high maximum luminance of 88953 cd m-2 at 12 V. Furthermore, blue PhOLEDs with DBF-d-Py and DBT-d-Py exhibit highly improved lifetimes compared with the conventional HBM, BmPyPB, because of the efficient hole blocking by the deep HOMO energy level and the high thermal stability stabilizing hole blocking layer morphology. © 2019 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Organic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)
OTF Solar cell; OLED; Printed Electronics; 유기박막형 태양전지
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringOrganic & Printed Electronics Laboratory(OPEL)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.