Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
High performance Mn1.3Co1.3Cu0.4O4 spinel based composite cathodes for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- High performance Mn1.3Co1.3Cu0.4O4 spinel based composite cathodes for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Thaheem, Imdadullah; Kim, Kyeong Joon; Lee, Jong Jun; Joh, Dong Woo; Jeong, Incheol; Lee, Kang Taek
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Kang Taek
- Issue Date
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 7(34), 19696-19703
- Article Type
- CU; ZN; CO; CATALYSTS; SOFC
- Herein, we developed a Mn1.3Co1.3Cu0.4O4 (MCCO) spinel for use as a new ORR catalyst for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) applications. The addition of Cu to the (Mn,Co)(3)O-4 spinel effectively promoted the oxidation states of Mn ions, which were mostly positioned at octahedral sites. This effect facilitated small polaron hopping with a narrow band gap, resulting in high electrical conductivity of MCCO. An SOFC employing the MCCO-Sc0.1Zr0.89Ce0.01O1.95 composite cathode yielded extraordinarily high power-output values of 1.92 and 1.38 W cm(-2), at 800 and 700 degrees C, respectively. To the best of our knowledge, this result indicates the best performance among all SOFCs with any spinel-based cathodes to date.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Lee, Kang Taek
AECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)
Advanced energy conversion and storage systems; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; All solid-state batteries; low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells(SOFCs); 신 에너지 변환 및 저장 시스템; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; 차세대 전고체 이차전지(solid-state batteries) 및 저온화 고체산화물 연료전지(LT-SOFCs)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.