Cited 4 time in
Cited 2 time in
Common Repository of FBS Proteins (cRFP) to Be Added to a Search Database for Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Cell Secretome
- Common Repository of FBS Proteins (cRFP) to Be Added to a Search Database for Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Cell Secretome
- Shin, Jihye; Kwon, Yumi; Lee, Seonjeong; Na, Seungjin; Hong, Eun Young; Ju, Shinyeong; Jung, Hyun-Gyo; Kaushal, Prashant; Shin, Sungho; Back, Ji Hyun; Choi, Seon Young; Kim, Eun Hee; Lee, Su Jin; Park, Yae Eun; Ahn, Hee-Sung; Ahn, Younghee; Kabir, Mohammad Humayun; Park, Seong-Jun; Yang, Won Suk; Yeom, Jeonghun; Bang, Oh Young; Ha, Chul-Won; Lee, Jin-Won; Kang, Un-Beom; Kim, Hye-Jung; Park, Kang-Sik; Lee, J. Eugene; Lee, Ji Eun; Kim, Jin Young; Kim, Kwang Pyo; Kim, Youngsoo; Hirano, Hisashi; Yi, Eugene C.; Cho, Je-Yoel; Paek, Eunok; Lee, Cheolju
- Issue Date
- Journal of Proteome Research, 18(10), 3800-3806
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- secretome; common repository of FBS proteins; database search
- NEWLY SYNTHESIZED PROTEINS; SERUM
- We propose to use cRFP (common Repository of FBS Proteins) in the MS (mass spectrometry) raw data search of cell secretomes. cRFP is a small supplementary sequence list of highly abundant fetal bovine serum proteins added to the reference database in use. The aim behind using cRFP is to prevent the contaminant FBS proteins from being misidentified as other proteins in the reference database, just as we would use cRAP (common Repository of Adventitious Proteins) to prevent contaminant proteins present either by accident or through unavoidable contacts from being misidentified as other proteins. We expect it to be widely used in experiments where the proteins are obtained from serum-free media after thorough washing of the cells, or from a complex media such as SILAC, or from extracellular vesicles directly. Copyright © 2019 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.