Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Direct observation of terahertz emission from ultrafast spin dynamics in thick ferromagnetic films
- Direct observation of terahertz emission from ultrafast spin dynamics in thick ferromagnetic films
- Huang, Lin; Kim, Ji-Wan; Lee, Sang-Hyuk; Kim, Seon-Dae; Tien, Van Manh; Shinde, Kiran Prakash; Shim, Je-Ho; Shin, Yooleemi; Shin, Hee Jun; Kim, Seongheun; Park, Jaehun; Park, Seung-Young; Choi, Yeon Suk; Kim, Hyun-Joong; Hong, Jung-Il; Kim, Dong Eon; Kim, Dong-Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, Jung-Il
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 115(14)
- Article Type
- We have experimentally investigated the field- and fluence-dependent terahertz (THz) emission behaviors by a femtosecond optical pump in Co ferromagnetic films, together with the time-resolved magneto-optical Kerr effect measurement. The thickness of Co and Ta capping layers has been systematically varied. For thick films, THz emission behavior is found to be directly matched with the photoinduced ultrafast demagnetization and remagnetization dynamics. The angle-dependent THz emission measurement also confirms a direct relation between the THz emission and the photoinduced demagnetization/remagnetization dynamics in the case of thick films, while THz emission from the inverse spin Hall effect also plays a role in the case of thin Co films. © 2019 Author(s).
- American Institute of Physics
- Related Researcher
Spin Nanotech Laboratory
Electric and Magnetic Properties of Nanostructured Materials; Spintronics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Nanotech Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.