Cited 1 time in
Cited 0 time in
Ultimate Charge Extraction of Monolayer PbS Quantum Dot for Observation of Multiple Exciton Generation
- Ultimate Charge Extraction of Monolayer PbS Quantum Dot for Observation of Multiple Exciton Generation
- Park, So-Yeon; Han, Sehoon; Kim, Younghoon; Jung, Sohee; Kim, Dong Hoe; Han, Gill Sang; Jung, Hyun Suk
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Younghoon
- Issue Date
- ChemPhysChem, 20(20), 2657-2661
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- colloid quantum dot solar cell; fast charge extraction; Langmuir-Blodgett; monolayer PbS; multiple exciton generation
- LANGMUIR-BLODGETT; RECOMBINATION; EFFICIENCY; ARRAYS
- Multiple exciton generation (MEG) has great potential to improve the Shockley-Queisser (S-Q) efficiency limitation for colloidal quantum dot (CQD) solar cells. However, MEG has rarely been observed in CQD solar cells because of the loss of carriers through the transport mechanism between adjacent QDs. Herein, we demonstrate that excess charge carriers produced via MEG can be efficiently extracted using monolayer PbS QDs. The monolayer PbS QDs solar cells exhibit α=1 in the light intensity dependence of the short-circuit current density Jsc (Jsc∝Iα) and an internal quantum efficiency (IQE) value of 100 % at 2.95 eV because of their very short charge extraction path. In addition, the measured MEG threshold is 2.23 times the bandgap energy (Eg), which is the lowest value in PbS QD solar cells. We believe that this approach can provide a simple method to find suitable CQD materials and design interface engineering for MEG. © 2019 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.