Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Serpentine-pattern effects on the biaxial stretching of percolative graphene nanoflake films
- Serpentine-pattern effects on the biaxial stretching of percolative graphene nanoflake films
- Chun, Sungwoo; Cho, Sung Beom; Son, Wonkyeon; Kim, Younghoon; Jung, Hachul; Kim, Young-Jin; Choi, Changsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Younghoon; Choi, Changsoon
- Issue Date
- Nanotechnology, 31(8)
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- serpentine; strain sensors; graphene; graphene nanoflakes; graphene sensors
- WEARABLE STRAIN SENSORS; TRANSPARENT; SKIN; OXIDE; PRESSURE
- Stretchable strain sensors based on percolative arrangements of conducting nanoparticles are essential tools in stretchable electronics and have achieved outstanding performance. Introducing serpentine patterns for strain-sensing materials is a very effective method for enhancing stretchability with a quantified structural resistance through a simple, reliable, and facile approach. Here, we investigate serpentine-pattern effects in the electrical responses to biaxial stretching for percolative graphene-nanoparticle films. Graphene nanoplatelet films are applied to a stretchable substrate using a facile spray-coating technique, for a variety of serpentine pattern shapes, aspect ratios, pattern frequencies, and number of coatings. The electrical responses after applying biaxial stretching (x-axis and y-axis) are measured and analyzed for comparison. The serpentine patterns that would be suitable for stretchable electrodes, sensitive sensors, and highly stretchable sensors are then identified. This work demonstrates the advantage of using serpentine patterns for stretchable strain sensors and offers guidelines for selecting suitable pattern types for strain sensors in stretchable-electronics applications.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.