Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Controllable p-n junctions in three-dimensional Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 nanowires
- Controllable p-n junctions in three-dimensional Dirac semimetal Cd3As2 nanowires
- Bayogan, Janice Ruth; Park, Kidong; Siu, Zhuo Bin; An, Sung Jin; Tang, Chiu-Chun; Zhang, Xiao-Xiao; Song, Man Suk; Park, Jeunghee; Jalil, Mansoor B. A.; Nagaosa, Naoto; Hirakawa, Kazuhiko; Schoenenberger, Christian; Seo, Jungpil; Jung, Minkyung
- DGIST Authors
- Seo, Jungpil; Jung, Minkyung
- Issue Date
- Nanotechnology, 31(20), 205001
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- 3D Dirac semimetal; Cd3As2; p-n junction; nanowire; quantum dot
- NEGATIVE MAGNETORESISTANCE; ULTRAHIGH MOBILITY; INTERFERENCE
- We demonstrate a controllable p-n junction in a three-dimensional Dirac semimetal (DSM) Cd3As2 nanowire with two recessed bottom gates. The device exhibits four different conductance regimes with gate voltages, the unipolar (n-n and p-p) and bipolar (n-p and n-p) regimes, where p-n junctions are formed. The conductance in the p-n junction regimes decreases drastically when a magnetic field is applied perpendicular to the nanowire. In these regimes, the device shows quantum dot behavior, whereas the device exhibits conductance plateaus in the n-n regime at high magnetic fields. Our experiment shows that the ambipolar tunability of DSM nanowires can enable the realization of quantum devices based on quantum dots and electron optics. © 2020 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Nanospm Lab(Advanced Materials Research Group)
Topological Matters; High Tc Superconductors; Low dimensional Quantum Matters
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceNanospm Lab(Advanced Materials Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Division of Nanotechnology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.