Cited 7 time in
Cited 109 time in
The Culture for Open Innovation Dynamics
- The Culture for Open Innovation Dynamics
- Yun, JinHyo Joseph; Zhao, Xiaofei; Jung, KwangHo; Yigitcanlar, Tan
- DGIST Authors
- Yun, JinHyo Joseph; Zhao, Xiaofei
- Issue Date
- Sustainability, 12(12), 5076
- Article Type
- Editorial Material
- Author Keywords
- culture; open innovation dynamics; entrepreneurship; intrapreneurship; organizational entrepreneurship
- INSTITUTIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP; CORPORATE ENTREPRENEURSHIP; PERFORMANCE; INTRAPRENEURSHIP; SUCCEED
- Culture, in its various forms, has always been a critical driver of innovation. This paper focuses on generating some insights into the role of "culture for open innovation dynamics". First, because the requirement to understand culture, which can control open innovation complexity, has been augmented, we want to answer the following research question in this study: How can we define or organize "culture for open innovation dynamics", which can motivate open innovation dynamics, and control open innovation complexity? Second, we propose a concept model of culture for open innovation dynamics by reviewing the literature on the culture of firms in terms of their traits, organization, static innovation, and dynamic aspects regarding their innovation in entrepreneurship, and we validate said model through an indirect social experiment using the research results of 23 Special Issue papers. Third, the concept model of culture for open innovation dynamics is explained as the interaction between three different entrepreneurship dimensions: Entrepreneurship of novice entrepreneurs, intrapreneurship of employees of an existing firm, and organizational entrepreneurship by the firm itself. According to the balance of three sub-entrepreneurship types, culture for open innovation dynamics can have different aspects, namely, entrepreneurship leading culture for open innovation dynamics, intrapreneurship leading culture for open innovation dynamics, or organizational entrepreneurship leading culture for open innovation dynamics. This paper helps organizations and entrepreneurs to better understand the role that culture plays in boosting open innovation dynamics.
- MDPI Open Access Publishing
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Electronics & Information System1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.