Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
A Collaborative Multi-Metric Interface Ranking Scheme for Named Data Networks
- A Collaborative Multi-Metric Interface Ranking Scheme for Named Data Networks
- Nour, Boubakr; Khelifi, Hakima; Hussain, Rasheed; Moungla, Hassine; Bouk, Safdar Hussain
- Issue Date
- 16th IEEE International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, IWCMC 2020, 2088-2093
- Named Data Networking (NDN) uses the content name to enable content sharing in a network using Interest and Data messages. In essence, NDN supports communication through multiple interfaces, therefore, it is imperative to think of the interface that better meets the communication requirements of the application. The current interface ranking is based on single static metric such as minimum number of hops, maximum satisfaction rate, or minimum network delay. However, this ranking may adversely affect the network performance. To fill the gap, in this paper, we propose a new multi-metric robust interface ranking scheme that combines multiple metrics with different objective functions. Furthermore, we also introduce different forwarding modes to handle the forwarding decision according to the available ranked interfaces. Extensive simulation experiments demonstrate that the proposed scheme selects the best and suitable forwarding interface to deliver content. © 2020 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.