Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
FPGA based signal processing module design and implementation for FMCW vehicle radar systems
- FPGA based signal processing module design and implementation for FMCW vehicle radar systems
- Hyun, Eu Gin; Kim, Sang Dong; Ju, Yeong Hwan; Lee, Jong Hun; You, Eung Noh; Park, Jeong Ho; Yeom, Dong Jin; Park, Sang Hyun; Kim, Seung Gak
- DGIST Authors
- Hyun, Eu Gin
- Issue Date
- 6th International Conference on Radar, RADAR 2011, 1, 273-275
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we design the signal processing module based on FPGA for vehicle FMCW radar systems. We employ the detection algorithms based on two-step FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) using the several fast ramps in order to resolve radar range-velocity ambiguities. We implement the detection algorithms including the first FFT, DBF (Digital Beam Forming), the second FFT, and CFAR (Constant False Alarm) onto FPGA. In particular, the designed architecture supports multiple-receive channels to estimate target angles. The architecture also digitally generates a transmit wave using a DDS (Digital Direct Synthesizer) device. All algorithms and the controller are implemented into a Xilinx Virtex-5 platform and verified under the test platform. © 2011 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
Radar system, Radar signal processing, Automotive radar, Surveillance radar, Commercial radar, Defence radar,
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.