Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Facial expression analysis using 2D+3D facial feature tracking
- Facial expression analysis using 2D+3D facial feature tracking
- Lee, Chan-Su; Chum, Sung Yong; Lee, Sang-Heon
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang-Heon
- Issue Date
- Information (Japan), 17(3), 971-977
- Article Type
- 3D Facial Motion Tracking; Active Shape Models; Depth Camera; Facial Animation; MPEG-4
- This paper presents a facial expression analysis system using the real-time tracking of a 3D camera. We first applied 2D facial motion tracking based on extended Active Shape Models (ASMs) from 2D texture images corresponding to captured 3D depth information. Three-dimensional facial motions are estimated based on the estimated feature point tracking from extended 2D facial motion tracking. From the estimated 3D facial motion using extended ASMs and depth maps, we extract MPEG-4 facial animation parameters (FAPs) from the 3D facial motion tracking, which provides more accurate estimation of facial motions invariant to view variations. Our experimental results for facial expression recognition using the Bosphorus database show better performance of facial expression recognition by 3D feature points (FPs) compared to 2D FPs after alignment of FPs, whereas direct distance measurement shows better performance by 2D FPs than by 3D FPs without alignment. ©2014 International Information Institute.
- International Information Institute Ltd.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.