Cited 4 time in
Cited 6 time in
Sintering behavior and electrochemical performances of nano-sized gadolinium-doped ceria via ammonium carbonate assisted co-precipitation for solid oxide fuel cells
- Sintering behavior and electrochemical performances of nano-sized gadolinium-doped ceria via ammonium carbonate assisted co-precipitation for solid oxide fuel cells
- Joh, DW[Joh, Dong Woo]; Rath, MK[Rath, Manasa K.]; Park, JW[Park, Jin Wan]; Park, JH[Park, Jeong Hwa]; Cho, KH[Cho, Ki Hyun]; Lee, S[Lee, Seunghwan]; Yoon, KJ[Yoon, Kyung Joong]; Lee, JH[Lee, Jong-Ho]; Lee, KT[Lee, Kang Taek]
- DGIST Authors
- Joh, DW[Joh, Dong Woo]; Rath, MK[Rath, Manasa K.]; Park, JW[Park, Jin Wan]; Park, JH[Park, Jeong Hwa]; Lee, KT[Lee, Kang Taek]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 682, 188-195
- Article Type
- Carbonates; Cathodes; Co-Precipitation; Conductivity Measurements; Coprecipitation; Crystallite Size; Doped Ceria; Electro-Chemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS); Electrochemical Performance; Electrolytic Reduction; Fuel Cells; Grain Boundaries; Grain Boundary Resistance; Ionic Conduction In Solids; Ionic Conductivity; Lower Sintering Temperatures; Oxygen Reduction Reaction; Powders; Relative Density Measurement; Sinterability; Sintering; Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC)
- Ultra-fine Gd-doped ceria (GDC) powders were synthesized via co-precipitation using ammonium carbonate as the precipitant. The crystallite size of the resultant GDC powders was measured as ∼33 nm. The dilatometry test of the powder compacts and the relative density measurement of sintered pellets with various sintering temperatures revealed the synthesized nano-GDC powders had superior sinterability compared to commercial GDC powders (e.g., 96% vs 78% in relative density at 1300 °C, respectively). Based on the total conductivity measurement of the co-precipitated GDC via electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, we found there was an optimum sintering temperature range (1300-1400 °C) to achieve both high density and high conductivity due to significant increase in grain boundary resistance at higher temperature (1500 °C). Moreover, the nano-sized and highly sinterable co-precipitated GDC effectively enhanced oxygen reduction reaction at the La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3-δ/GDC composite cathode due to increase in active reaction sites as well as enhanced phase connectivity in 3D-bulk at lower sintering temperatures. © 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
Lee, Kang Taek
AECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)
Advanced energy conversion and storage systems; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; All solid-state batteries; low-temperature solid oxide fuel cells(SOFCs); 신 에너지 변환 및 저장 시스템; Solid-state Electrochemical Energy Devices; 차세대 전고체 이차전지(solid-state batteries) 및 저온화 고체산화물 연료전지(LT-SOFCs)
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.