Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Performance Enhancement of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with KMnO4-Modified Photoelectrodes
- Performance Enhancement of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with KMnO4-Modified Photoelectrodes
- Ahn, HJ[Ahn, Hyo Jin]; Lee, SW[Lee, Se Won]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Lee, CH[Lee, Chang-Hyun]; Kim, HM[Kim, Hwa-Min]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, SW[Lee, Se Won]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(10), 10420-10425
- Article Type
- Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Electrochemical Impedance; Electrodes; Electrolytes; Open Circuit Voltage; Open Circuit Voltage Decays; Photo-Electrode; Photo-Injected Electrons; Potassium Permanganate; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Re-Configurable Hardware; Recombination; Short-Circuit Photocurrent; Solar Cells; Titanium Dioxide
- In order to reduce the interfacial charge recombination between photoinjected electrons and triiodide ions in the electrolyte, a TiO2 surface was modified with potassium permanganate (PM). The PM-modified TiO2 electrodes were prepared by soaking the TiO2 films in an aqueous PM solution, and the resulting electrodes were applied to the photoanodes of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). The power conversion efficiency of a DSSC with a PM-modified TiO2 electrode was improved from that of the reference device without any modification, due to an enhancement in the open-circuit voltage (Voc), short-circuit photocurrent (Jsc), and fill factor (FF). By monitoring open-circuit voltage decay, electrochemical impedance, dark current, and UV-visible absorbance, it was revealed that the incorporation of the permanganate group on the TiO2 surface induced a longer electron lifetime because of the suppression of charge recombination between photoinjected electrons and I3 - ions, leading to the increase in Voc, Jsc, and FF. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.