Cited 14 time in
Cited 16 time in
Nitrogen-doped Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes-MnCo2O4 microsphere as electrocatalyst for efficient oxygen reduction reaction
- Nitrogen-doped Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes-MnCo2O4 microsphere as electrocatalyst for efficient oxygen reduction reaction
- Yuvaraj, S.; Vignesh, A.; Shanmugam, S.; Selvan, R. Kalai
- DGIST Authors
- Vignesh, A.; Shanmugam, S.
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41(34), 15199-15207
- Article Type
- Carbon Nanotube; MnCo2O4; Oxygen Reduction Reaction
- Nitrogen-doped Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes (N-doped MWCNT)/MnCo2O4 hybrid is synthesized by a facile hydrothermal method. The X-ray diffraction studies revealed the single phase formation of cubic spinel structured MnCo2O4 and their composites. The presence of D and G band of MWCNT is identified through Raman spectral analysis. The elemental oxidation state and nitrogen content is obtained using X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, which elucidates that Co and Mn exists in multivalence state and the nitrogen functional groups are in pyrolytic and pyridinic-type. FE-SEM shows the microsphere formation of MnCo2O4 and size exhibits in the range of 6-9 μm. The N-doped MWCNT/MnCo2O4 hybrid catalyst exhibits an improved oxygen reduction electrocatalytic activity in an aqueous alkaline medium when compared with pristine MnCo2O4. © 2016 Hydrogen Energy Publications LLC.
- Elsevier Ltd
- Related Researcher
Advanced Energy Materials Laboratory
Electrocatalysts for fuel cells; water splitting; metal-air batteries; Polymer electrolyte membranes for fuel cells; flow batteries; Hydrogen generation and utilization
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.