Cited 3 time in
Cited 4 time in
Visualization of the inverse layer-plus-island growth in Fe islands on W(110) substrate
- Visualization of the inverse layer-plus-island growth in Fe islands on W(110) substrate
- Seo, Jungpil; Kim, Tae-Hwan; Kuk, Young
- DGIST Authors
- Seo, Jungpil
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 15(9), 1042-1046
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- SK growth; Shadow mask; Interface; STM; Growth mode
- IRON; MAGNETIZATION; MORPHOLOGY; STATES
- Many experiments have been conducted so far to control the growth mode in heterostructures, but success has only been restricted to strain-controlled growth systems. In this study, using the shadow mask deposition technique, we have changed the growth mode in the Fe/W heterostructures from the layer-plus-island growth mode to island-plus-layer growth mode. From this, we have ignited the competing growth between forming the islands and wetting the first layer, and have directly visualized the island-plus-layer growth by controlling the annealing temperature of the system. This unconventional growth mode may play an important role in studying the hidden boundaries of hetero-interfaces. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
Nanospm Lab(Advanced Materials Research Group)
Topological Matters; High Tc Superconductors; Low dimensional Quantum Matters
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceNanospm Lab(Advanced Materials Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.