Cited 21 time in
Cited 21 time in
Synthesis of multiwall carbon nanotubes with a high loading of Pt by a microwave-assisted impregnation method for use in the oxygen reduction reaction
- Synthesis of multiwall carbon nanotubes with a high loading of Pt by a microwave-assisted impregnation method for use in the oxygen reduction reaction
- Rahsepar, M[Rahsepar, Mansour]; Pakshir, M[Pakshir, Mahmoud]; Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, 108, 769-775
- Article Type
- Carbon Nanotube; Carbon Nanotubes; Catalyst Nano Particles; Electrocatalyst; Electrocatalysts; Electrocatalytic Activity; Electrocatalytic Performance; Electrolytic Reduction; Fuel Cell; Fuel Cells; Impregnation; Impregnation Methods; Improved Impregnation Method; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCN); Oxygen Reduction Reaction; Particle Size Analysis; Physico-Chemical Characterization; Platinum; Rotating Disk Electrodes; Rotating Disks; Transmission Electron Microscopy; X Ray Diffraction
- A multiwall carbon nanotube (MWCNT) catalyst with a high loading (40 wt.%) of platinum was syn-thesized by a microwave-assisted improved impregnation method. The catalyst nanoparticles werecharacterized by transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction and X-ray photoelectron spec-troscopy. Results of physicochemical characterizations reveal that the catalyst is uniformly loaded onthe external surface of the MWCNTs with a relatively narrow particle size distribution (an average of3.9 nm). The electrocatalytic performance of the catalyst toward oxygen reduction was studied by lin-ear sweep voltammetry measurements of a catalyst-coated rotating disk electrode at different rotationrates. The results show that the prepared catalyst has good electrocatalytic activity for oxygen reductionfollowing a four-electron path to produce water molecules. © 2013 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.