Cited 2 time in
Cited 1 time in
White emission from nano-structured top-emitting organic light-emitting diodes based on a blue emitting layer
- White emission from nano-structured top-emitting organic light-emitting diodes based on a blue emitting layer
- Hyun, WJ[Hyun, Woo Jin]; Park, JJ[Park, Jung Jin]; Im, SH[Im, Sang Hyuk]; Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]; Chin, BD[Chin, Byung Doo]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, OO[Park, O. Ok]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 46(9)
- Article Type
- Blue-Emitting; Electroluminescence Spectra; Intrinsic Emission; Microcavities; Microcavity Effects; Multimodes; Nano-Structured; Nano-Structures; Nano Pattern; Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs); Resonant Emissions; Scattering Effects; Top-Emitting; White Emissions
- We demonstrated that white emission can be obtained from nano-structured top-emitting organic light-emitting diodes (TEOLEDs) based on a blue emitting layer (EML). The nano-structured TEOLEDs were fabricated on nano-patterned substrates, in which both optical micro-cavity and scattering effects occur simultaneously. Due to the combination of these two effects, the electroluminescence spectra of the nano-structured device with a blue EML exhibited not only blue but also yellow colours, which corresponded to the intrinsic emission of the EML and the resonant emission of the micro-cavity effect. Consequently, it was possible to produce white emission from nano-structured TEOLEDs without employing a multimode micro-cavity. The intrinsic emission wavelength can be varied by altering the dopant used for the EML. Furthermore, the emissive characteristics turned out to be strongly dependent on the nano-pattern sizes of the nano-structured devices. © 2013 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.