Cited 23 time in
Cited 22 time in
Synthesis and electrocatalytic performance of high loading active PtRu multiwalled carbon nanotube catalyst for methanol oxidation
- Synthesis and electrocatalytic performance of high loading active PtRu multiwalled carbon nanotube catalyst for methanol oxidation
- Rahsepar, M[Rahsepar, Mansour]; Pakshir, M[Pakshir, Mahmoud]; Piao, Y[Piao, Yuanzhe]; Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, H[Kim, Hasuck]
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica Acta, 71, 246-251
- Article Type
- Alloy Formation; Alloys; Aqueous Impregnation; Catalyst Material; Catalyst Nanoparticle; Catalyst Supports; Characterization; Co Oxidation; Co Stripping; Electrocatalyst; Electrocatalysts; Electrocatalytic Activity; Electrocatalytic Performance; Electrochemical Activities; Electrochemical Measurements; Half-Cells; High Loadings; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Loading; Methanol; Methanol Oxidation; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube; Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes (MWCN); Nanoparticles; Outer Surface; Oxidation; Photoelectrons; Physico-Chemical Characterization; Platinum; Platinum Alloys; Pt-Ru Alloy; Pt-Ru Alloy Nanoparticles; Pt-Ru Catalysts; Ruthenium Alloys; Supporting Material; Surface Oxidations; Synthesis (Chemical); X Ray Diffraction; X Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- Multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) supported PtRu catalyst was prepared by improved aqueous impregnation method. The catalyst nanoparticles were characterized by using high resolution transmission electron microscopy (HR-TEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) measurements. According to the results of physicochemical characterization, PtRu alloy nanoparticles with low content of surface oxidation states were successfully synthesized on the outer surface of MWCNT supporting materials. Electrocatalytic activity of catalyst materials was investigated by using electrochemical half cell and CO stripping analyses. Results of electrochemical measurements indicate that the prepared PtRu/MWCNT catalyst shows an enhanced electrochemical activity toward methanol oxidation and a high electrocatalytic activity for CO oxidation. It is believed that superior performance of the PtRu/MWCNT catalyst is mostly attributed to the high degree of alloy formation and low contents of oxidized species of Pt and Ru. © 2012 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Ltd
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.