Cited 31 time in
Cited 34 time in
Transparent conductive ZnO:Al films grown by atomic layer deposition for Si-wire-based solar cells
- Transparent conductive ZnO:Al films grown by atomic layer deposition for Si-wire-based solar cells
- Oh, Byeong-Yun; Kim, Jeong-Hwan; Han, Jin-Woo; Seo, Dae-Shik; Jang, Hwan Soo; Choi, Ho-Jin; Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun; Heo, Gi-Seok; Kim, Tae-Won; Kim, Kwang-Young
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 12(1), 273-279
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Zinc oxide II-VI semiconductors; Chemical vapor deposition; Atomic layer deposition; Thin film structure; Electrical properties; Solar cells
- Structural, electrical, and optical properties of atomic layer-controlled Al-doped ZnO (ZnO:Al) films grown by atomic layer deposition (ALD) on glass substrates were characterized at various growth temperatures for use as transparent electrodes. The Al atomic content in ZnO:Al films increased due to the reduced ZnO film growth rate with increasing temperature. The preferred orientation of ZnO:Al films was changed, and the optimum condition for best crystallinity was identified by varying the growth temperature. Furthermore, the carrier concentration of free electron was increased by substituting the Zn sites with Al atoms in the crystal, resulting from monolayer growth based on alternate self-limiting surface chemical reactions. The electrical resistivity of ZnO:Al film grown by ALD at 225 °C reached the lowest value of 8.45 × 10-4 Ω cm, with a carrier mobility of 9.00 cm 2 V-1 s-1 and optical transmittance of ∼93%. This result demonstrates that ZnO:Al films grown by ALD possess excellent potential for applications in electronic devices and displays as transparent electrodes and surface passivation layers. © 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.