Cited 29 time in
Cited 31 time in
Transparent conductive ZnO:Al films grown by atomic layer deposition for Si-wire-based solar cells
- Transparent conductive ZnO:Al films grown by atomic layer deposition for Si-wire-based solar cells
- Oh, BY[Oh, Byeong-Yun]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jeong-Hwan]; Han, JW[Han, Jin-Woo]; Seo, DS[Seo, Dae-Shik]; Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Choi, HJ[Choi, Ho-Jin]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]; Heo, GS[Heo, Gi-Seok]; Kim, TW[Kim, Tae-Won]; Kim, KY[Kim, Kwang-Young]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Choi, HJ[Choi, Ho-Jin]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 12(1), 273-279
- Article Type
- Al-Doped ZnO; Aluminum; Atomic Layer Deposition; Atoms; Carrier Concentration; Carrier Mobility; Chemical Vapor; Chemical Vapor Depositions (CVD); Conductive Films; Crystal Atomic Structure; Crystallinities; Display Devices; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Properties; Electrical Property; Electrical Resistivity; Electrodes; Electronic Device; Film Growth; Free Electron; Glass Substrates; Growth Temperature; Metallic Films; Monolayer Growth; Monolayers; Optical Properties; Optimum Conditions; Passivation; Preferred Orientations; Solar Cells; Substrates; Surface Chemical Reactions; Surface Passivation; Surface Reactions; Thin Film Structure; Transparent Conductive; Transparent Electrode; Zinc; Zinc Oxide; Zinc Oxide II-VI Semiconductors; ZnO Films; ZnO:Al Films
- Structural, electrical, and optical properties of atomic layer-controlled Al-doped ZnO (ZnO:Al) films grown by atomic layer deposition (ALD) on glass substrates were characterized at various growth temperatures for use as transparent electrodes. The Al atomic content in ZnO:Al films increased due to the reduced ZnO film growth rate with increasing temperature. The preferred orientation of ZnO:Al films was changed, and the optimum condition for best crystallinity was identified by varying the growth temperature. Furthermore, the carrier concentration of free electron was increased by substituting the Zn sites with Al atoms in the crystal, resulting from monolayer growth based on alternate self-limiting surface chemical reactions. The electrical resistivity of ZnO:Al film grown by ALD at 225 °C reached the lowest value of 8.45 × 10-4 Ω cm, with a carrier mobility of 9.00 cm 2 V-1 s-1 and optical transmittance of ∼93%. This result demonstrates that ZnO:Al films grown by ALD possess excellent potential for applications in electronic devices and displays as transparent electrodes and surface passivation layers. © 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.