Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Synthesis and electro-optical properties of biphenyl analogues
- Synthesis and electro-optical properties of biphenyl analogues
- Kim, KS[Kim, Ki-Soo]; Jeong, S[Jeong, Seonju]; Kim, C[Kim, Cham]; Kim, E[Kim, Eunju]; Kwon, Y[Kwon, Younghwan]; Kim, H[Kim, Hoyoung]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byoung-Dae]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeong, S[Jeong, Seonju]; Kim, C[Kim, Cham]; Kim, E[Kim, Eunju]; Kim, H[Kim, Hoyoung]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byoung-Dae]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- Issue Date
- Synthetic Metals, 160(7-8), 549-555
- Article Type
- 6-Phenylphenanthridine; Anthracene; Blue Dopant; Diodes; Double Layers; Electro-Optical Properties; Electronic Band Structure; Emitting Layer; Emitting Material; End Groups; Host Materials; Light-Emitting Diodes; Light Emission; Molecular Microstructure; Molecular Orbital Energy; Molecular Orbitals; Optical Properties; Organic Light-Emitting Diode; Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs); Phenoxazine; Suzuki-Coupling Reaction; Synthesis (Chemical); Synthesized Materials; Tetrahydropyrene; Thermal Stability; Thermodynamic Stability
- Three emitting materials containing a biphenyl core connected at both ends with phenoxazine or anthracene groups, 10-(3-(10H-phenoxazin-10-yl)-6-phenylphenanthridin-8-yl)-10H-phenoxazine (DPoPP), 8-(anthracen-10-yl)-3-(anthracen-9-yl)-6-phenylphenanthridine (DAnPP), and 2-(anthracen-10-yl)-7-(anthracen-9-yl)-4,5,9,10-tetrahydropyrene (DAnTP) were synthesized via the C-N Ullmann coupling or C-C Suzuki-coupling reaction. Optical properties, thermal stabilities and molecular orbital energies were analyzed as a function of their molecular microstructure. The thermal stabilities of them were influenced by biphenyl core. On the other hand, their emissions were primarily affected by anthracene or phenoxazine end groups. Two compounds with anthracene moiety at both ends showed electronic band structures suitable for host materials for reported blue dopants. The double-layer OLED (organic light-emitting diode) devices, ITO/NPD/synthesized material/LiF/Al, containing the synthesized materials as emitting layer emitted yellowish-green (DPoPP), greenish-blue (DAnPP) and blue (DAnTP). © 2009 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.