Cited 0 time in
Cited 9 time in
Ultraviolet embossed alignment layers having patterned spacers for flexible liquid crystal display
- Ultraviolet embossed alignment layers having patterned spacers for flexible liquid crystal display
- Hah, Hyun Dae; Sung, Shi Joon; Han, Man Hee; Lee, Seung S; Park, Jung Ki
- DGIST Authors
- Sung, Shi Joon
- Issue Date
- Displays, 29(5), 478-481
- Article Type
- ABS Resins; Alignment; Alignment Layers; Bending Processes; Display Devices; Flexible Liquid Crystal Display; Flexible Liquid Crystal Displays; Isotropic Configurations; LC Alignments; LC Cells; LC Molecules; Light Sources; Liquid Crystal-Polymers; Liquid Crystal Displays; Liquid Crystals; Manufacturing; Mechanical Properties; Mechanical Stability; Monomers; Phase Stability; Photo-Polymerization; Polymer Walls; Polymers; Powders; Residual Monomers; Residual Monomers in the Phase-Separated Polymer Walls; Spurious Signal Noise; Ultra-Violet; UV Embossed Alignment Layers Having Patterned Spacers
- Ultraviolet (UV) embossed alignment layers having patterned spacers for the flexible liquid crystal display (LCD) were designed and fabricated to prevent the problems caused by residual monomers in photopolymerization-assisted manufacturing of liquid crystal (LC) devices. UV embossed alignment layers with patterned spacers provided mechanical stability and better alignment properties of LC molecules in a bent environment, compared with LC device with the phase-separated polymer walls. In the patterned spacers of UV embossed LC cell, the column-shaped spacer which has isotropic configuration of spacers provided good LC alignment during bending process. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier Science BV
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.