Cited 2 time in
Cited 3 time in
The field emission characteristics of a unit pixel of a 7 x 7 array oxidized porous polysilicon field emitter
- The field emission characteristics of a unit pixel of a 7 x 7 array oxidized porous polysilicon field emitter
- You, Sung Won; Kim, Jin Eui; Jang, In Ho; Choi, Sie-Young; Shon, Yeong Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Shon, Yeong Soo
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 470(1), 403-U14
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- 7 × 7 Array; Electrodes; Field Emission; Field Emission Display; Field Emission Displays; Field Emitter; Field Emitters; Oxidation; Pixels; Polysilicon; Porous Polysilicon; Porous Silicon; Thermal-Oxidation; Thickness Measurement; Unit Pixel
- We fabricated oxidized porous polysilicon (OPPS) field emitters and investigated their field emission characteristics using a Ti/Pt multi-layer electrode of different thicknesses and OPPS emitters, which were patterned in a 7 × 7 array. Each unit pixel of the 7 × 7 array OPPS on the field emitter, with a structure of Pt/OPPS/n-type Si, was in operation and their field emission characteristics were investigated using a thermal oxidation process with a Ti/Pt multi-layer electrode. A non-doped polysilicon layer 1.75 μm is deposited on a heavily doped n-type silicon wafer and anodized in a solution of HF (50%):ethanol in a 1:1 ratio. The Ti/Pt multi-layer electrodes were formed with different thicknesses using a DC sputter. The achieved higher emission efficiency of the Ti/Pt electrode, with thickness of 2 nm/7 nm was 1.57% at Vps = 20 V. The investigated field emission characteristics of the unit pixel also demonstrated good uniformity.
- Taylor and Francis
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.