Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Gilbert damping in asymmetric MgO(Ta)/CoFeB/Ta(MgO) structures with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- Gilbert damping in asymmetric MgO(Ta)/CoFeB/Ta(MgO) structures with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy
- Sohn, JW[Sohn, Jeong-Woo]; Song, HS[Song, Hyon-Seok]; Kim, JW[Kim, Ji-Wan]; Shin, IJ[Shin, Il-Jae]; Min, BC[Min, Byoung-Chul]; You, CY[You, Chun-Yeol]; Shin, SC[Shin, Sung-Chul]
- DGIST Authors
- Sohn, JW[Sohn, Jeong-Woo]; Song, HS[Song, Hyon-Seok]; Shin, SC[Shin, Sung-Chul]
- Issue Date
- Current Applied Physics, 16(4), 481-485
- Article Type
- Cobalt Compounds; Cofeb; Damping; Dynamic Behaviors; Gilbert Damping; Gilbert Damping Parameter; Magnesia; Magnetic Anisotropy; Magneto-Optical Kerr Measurements; Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy; Spin-Pumping; Spin Dynamics; Spin Pumping; Ultra-Fast Magnetization Dynamics
- We investigate the ultrafast magnetization dynamics of perpendicularly magnetized MgO/CoFeB/Ta and Ta/CoFeB/MgO stack structures using an all-optical time-resolved magneto-optical Kerr measurement technique. We find that the effective Gilbert damping parameter αeff converges to a low value of ∼0.02 in the high external field regime, and it stays unchanged at ∼0.02 regardless of the pump fluence. Two asymmetric stack structures of CoFeB show identical dynamic behavior and Gilbert damping, implying that the influence of the under and top interfaces is not distinct. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.