Cited 5 time in
Cited 6 time in
Evidence of charge-density waves in the optical properties of SmNiC2
- Evidence of charge-density waves in the optical properties of SmNiC2
- Ahmad, D[Ahmad, D.]; Min, BH[Min, Byeon Hun]; Min, GI[Min, Gyeon Im]; Kimura, SI[Kimura, Shin-Ichi]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]
- DGIST Authors
- Ahmad, D[Ahmad, D.]; Min, BH[Min, Byeon Hun]; Seo, J[Seo, Jungpil]; Kwon, YS[Kwon, Yong Seung]
- Issue Date
- Physica Status Solidi B: Basic Solid State Physics, 252(12), 2662-2666
- Article Type
- Charge Density Wave (CDW); Optical Conductivity; SmNiC2
- In this study, we have measured the optical reflectivity spectra of low-dimensional SmNiC2 (TC=18.5 K and TCDW=151 K) in the terahertz to ultraviolet frequency range at various temperatures. The optical conductivity spectra were transformed from the reflectivity data using the Kramers-Kronig relation. The optical conductivity of the normal state is well described by the Drude-Lorentz model assuming two bands. In nonmagnetic states below TCDW, two clean gaps opening on top of the Drude response are observed at around 500 and 750 cm-1. In the ferromagnetic state, the higher-side gap opening remains at the same frequency but the lower-side gap opening disappears, instead an additional absorption due to magnon gap formation is observed at around 70 cm-1. Â© 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Seo, Jung Pil
Nanospm Lab(Quantum Physics Research Group)
Topological Matters; High Tc Superconductors; Low dimensional Quantum Matters
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceNanospm Lab(Quantum Physics Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Functional Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.