Cited 9 time in
Cited 10 time in
Enhanced electrochemical performance of carbon-coated TiO2 nanobarbed fibers as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
- Enhanced electrochemical performance of carbon-coated TiO2 nanobarbed fibers as anode material for lithium-ion batteries
- Pham-Cong, D[De Pham-Cong]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae-Hyun]; Jeong, SY[Jeong, Se-Young]; Choi, JH[Choi, Jun Hee]; Kim, J[Kim, Jinwoo]; Cho, CR[Cho, Chae-Ryong]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JH[Kim, Jae-Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry Communications, 60, 204-207
- Article Type
- Amorphous Carbon; Amorphous Carbon Layer; Anode; Anode Material for Lithium Ion Batteries; Anodes; Carbon-Coating; Carbon Coating; Effective Electrons; Electric Batteries; Electric Discharges; Electrical Conductivity; Electrochemical Performance; Electrodes; Ions; Li-Ion Batteries; Lithium; Lithium-Ion Batteries; Lithium Alloys; Lithium Compounds; Lithium Ion Diffusion; Nano-Structures; Nanorods; Nanostructure; Reversible Capacity
- We report the electrochemical performance of carbon-coated TiO2 nanobarbed fibers (TiO2@C NBFs) as anode material for lithium-ion batteries. The TiO2@C NBFs are composed of TiO2 nanorods grown on TiO2 nanofibers as a core, coated with a carbon shell. These nanostructures form a conductive network showing high capacity and C-rate performance due to fast lithium-ion diffusion and effective electron transfer. The TiO2@C NBFs show a specific reversible capacity of approximately 170 mAh g- 1 after 200 cycles at a 0.5 A g- 1 current density, and exhibit a discharge rate capability of 4 A g- 1 while retaining a capacity of about 70 mAh g- 1. The uniformly coated amorphous carbon layer plays an important role to improve the electrical conductivity during the lithiation-delithiation process. © 2015 Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.