Cited 0 time in
Cited 11 time in
Morphology controlled growth of ZnAl-layered double hydroxide and ZnO nanorod hybrid nanostructures by solution method
- Morphology controlled growth of ZnAl-layered double hydroxide and ZnO nanorod hybrid nanostructures by solution method
- Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Nam, GH[Nam, Gwang-Hee]; Park, IK[Park, Il-Kyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, 5(74), 59823-59829
- Article Type
- Aluminum; Atomic Layer Deposition; Future Applications; Hybrid Nanostructures; Hydrothermal Methods; Morphological Evolution; Morphology-Controlled Growth; Nano-Structures; Nanorods; Sacrificial Layer; Solution Methods; Zinc Oxide; Zn-Al Layered Double Hydroxides
- We report the morphological evolution of ZnAl-based hybrid nanostructures from ZnAl layered double hydroxide (LDH) to ZnO nanorods (NRs) grown by a hydrothermal method depending on the thickness of the Al2O3/ZnO double seed layer. The thickness of the Al2O3/ZnO double seed layer was controlled by an atomic layer deposition system. We found that the ZnAl-LDH growth can mainly be attributed to the hydroxide reactions between the base solution and Al2O3 as a sacrificial layer. As the ZnO seed layer covered the Al2O3 film, the concentration of Al hydroxide was significantly reduced, but that of the Zn hydroxide increased enough to make ZnO NRs. Our results show that hybridizing these ZnAl-LDH and ZnO NRs by controlling the amount of Al cations is possible, and thus we can design a new material system by taking advantage of the unique properties of ZnAl-LDH and ZnO NRs for future applications. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.