Cited 0 time in
Cited 29 time in
Growth of ZnO nanorods on graphite substrate and its application for Schottky diode
- Growth of ZnO nanorods on graphite substrate and its application for Schottky diode
- Nam, GH[Nam, Gwang-Hee]; Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]; Park, IK[Park, Il-Kyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, SH[Baek, Seong-Ho]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 613, 37-41
- Article Type
- Graphite; Heterojunctions; Hydrothermal Method; Hydrothermal Methods; Nanorods; Optoelectronic Applications; Photoluminescence; Photoluminescence Spectrum; Point Defects; Rectification Properties; Schottky Barrier Diodes; Schottky Diode; Schottky Diodes; Structural Investigation; Substrates; Ultraviolet Illumination; Zinc Oxide; ZnO
- We report on the growth of ZnO nanorods (NRs) grown on graphite and silicon substrates via an all-solution process and also studied the characteristics of their heterojunctions. Structural investigations indicated that morphological and crystalline properties were not significantly different for the ZnO NRs on both substrates. However, optical properties from photoluminescence spectra showed that the ZnO NRs on graphite substrate contained more point defects than that on Si substrate. The ZnO NRs on both substrates showed typical rectification properties exhibiting successful diode formation. The heterojunction between the ZnO NRs and the graphite substrate showed a Schottky diode characteristic and photoresponse under ultraviolet illumination at a small reverse bias of -0.1 V. The results showed that the graphite substrate could be a good candidate for a Schottky contact electrode as well as a conducting substrate for electronic and optoelectronic applications of ZnO NRs. © 2014 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.