Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Dissipative soliton dynamics in a discrete magnetic nano-dot chain
- Dissipative soliton dynamics in a discrete magnetic nano-dot chain
- Lee, KD[Lee, Kyeong-Dong]; You, CY[You, Chun-Yeol]; Song, HS[Song, Hyon-Seok]; Park, BG[Park, Byong-Guk]; Shin, SC[Shin, Sung-Chul]
- DGIST Authors
- Song, HS[Song, Hyon-Seok]; Shin, SC[Shin, Sung-Chul]
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 104(5)
- Article Type
- Analytic Modeling; Chains; Characteristic Frequencies; Dissipative Solitons; Dissipative Systems; Localization Length; Micromagnetic Simulations; Soliton Dynamics; Solitons; Threshold Velocity
- Soliton dynamics is studied in a discrete magnetic nano-dot chain by means of micromagnetic simulations together with an analytic model equation. A soliton under a dissipative system is driven by an applied field. The field-driven dissipative soliton enhances its mobility nonlinearly, as the characteristic frequency and the intrinsic Gilbert damping decrease. During the propagation, the soliton emits spin waves which act as an extrinsic damping channel. The characteristic frequency, the maximum velocity, and the localization length of the soliton are found to be proportional to the threshold field, the threshold velocity, and the initial mobility, respectively. © 2014 AIP Publishing LLC.
- American Institute of Physics Publishing
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.