Cited 17 time in
Cited 18 time in
Preparation and characterization of nickel-cobalt alloy nanostructures array fabricated by electrodeposition
- Preparation and characterization of nickel-cobalt alloy nanostructures array fabricated by electrodeposition
- Wang, N[Wang, Ning]; Hang, T[Hang, Tao]; Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]; Li, M[Li, Ming]
- DGIST Authors
- Shanmugam, S[Shanmugam, Sangaraju]
- Issue Date
- CrystEngComm, 16(30), 6937-6943
- Article Type
- A series of Ni-Co alloy nanocones arrays were fabricated by means of electrodeposition method without using any template. The alloy nanocones crystallized in the face-centered cubic lattice structure and grew preferentially along <110> directions. The aspect ratio of the alloy cones was found to increase with increasing cobalt content. The chemical potential difference of the solid-liquid interface and the synergistic effect of twinning were proposed to explain this phenomenon. By adjusting the electrodeposition conditions, the morphology and size of the alloy nanocrystal can be modulated. The crystal modifier plays an important role in controlling the step distance and the morphology of the spiral growth layer. These Ni-Co alloy nanocones arrays are expected to have significant potential applications in the fields of catalysis and magnetic storage. This journal is © the Partner Organisations 2014.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Advanced Energy Materials Laboratory
Electrocatalysts for fuel cells; water splitting; metal-air batteries; Polymer electrolyte membranes for fuel cells; flow batteries; Hydrogen generation and utilization
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.