Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Heat Resistant Polymer Matrix Containing Acrylo-Polyhedral Silsesquioxane for Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifier Applications
- Heat Resistant Polymer Matrix Containing Acrylo-Polyhedral Silsesquioxane for Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifier Applications
- Kim, Wook Hyun; Sung, Shi-Joon; Choi, Myung-Seok; Kim, Jong Tae; Han, Yoon Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Sung, Shi-Joon
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 586(1), 33-42
- Article Type
- We report on the fabrication of fluorinated polymer film as host material for erbium ions (Er3+) with a goal of achieving sufficient thermal stability, optical clarity and a chemical resistance to withstand typical fabrication processing. Precursor solutions were prepared using 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5-octafluoropentyl acrylate as a fluoromonomer, tetrahydrofurfuryl acrylate as a solubility enhancer, Ebecryl 220 as a cross-linking agent, acrylo-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as a heat-resistance improver and Darocur 4265 as a radical photoinitiator with various weight ratios. Fluoropolymer films prepared from the precursor solution had excellent transmission properties (low transmission losses less than 2% over the visible and near-infrared regions) and high thermal decomposition temperatures (greater than 350 °C). Er3+-doped precursor solution was also prepared by adding of erbium(III) trifluoromethane sulfonate as an erbium source. The crosslinked, patterned and Er3+-doped fluoropolymer films were successfully fabricated using the Er3+-doped precursor solution by both micromolding in capillaries and soft-imprint lithography on glass substrates for Er3+-doped waveguide amplifier applications. © 2013 Copyright Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.