Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Heat Resistant Polymer Matrix Containing Acrylo-Polyhedral Silsesquioxane for Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifier Applications
- Heat Resistant Polymer Matrix Containing Acrylo-Polyhedral Silsesquioxane for Erbium-Doped Waveguide Amplifier Applications
- Kim, WH[Kim, Wook Hyun]; Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Choi, MS[Choi, Myung-Seok]; Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, WH[Kim, Wook Hyun]; Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 586(1), 33-42
- Article Type
- Acrylo-Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane; Cross-Linking; Decomposition; Erbium; Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifiers; Erbium Doped Waveguide Amplifier; Fabrication; Fluorine Containing Polymers; Fluoropolymer; Heat-Resistant Polymers; Micromolding In Capillaries; Oligomers; Polymer Films; Semiconducting Films; Silsesquioxanes; Soft Lithography; Substrates; Transmission Property; Visible and Near Infrared
- We report on the fabrication of fluorinated polymer film as host material for erbium ions (Er3+) with a goal of achieving sufficient thermal stability, optical clarity and a chemical resistance to withstand typical fabrication processing. Precursor solutions were prepared using 2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5-octafluoropentyl acrylate as a fluoromonomer, tetrahydrofurfuryl acrylate as a solubility enhancer, Ebecryl 220 as a cross-linking agent, acrylo-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane as a heat-resistance improver and Darocur 4265 as a radical photoinitiator with various weight ratios. Fluoropolymer films prepared from the precursor solution had excellent transmission properties (low transmission losses less than 2% over the visible and near-infrared regions) and high thermal decomposition temperatures (greater than 350 °C). Er3+-doped precursor solution was also prepared by adding of erbium(III) trifluoromethane sulfonate as an erbium source. The crosslinked, patterned and Er3+-doped fluoropolymer films were successfully fabricated using the Er3+-doped precursor solution by both micromolding in capillaries and soft-imprint lithography on glass substrates for Er3+-doped waveguide amplifier applications. © 2013 Copyright Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.