Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Electrical and mechanical properties of carbon particle reinforced rubber for electro-active polymer electrode
- Electrical and mechanical properties of carbon particle reinforced rubber for electro-active polymer electrode
- Lee, J.M.[Lee, Jun Man]; Ryu, S.R.[Ryu, Sang Ryeoul]; Lee, D.J.[Lee, Dong Joo]
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, J.M.[Lee, Jun Man]
- Issue Date
- Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, A, 37(12), 1465-1471
- Article Type
- Carbon Black; Carbon Nanotube; Carbon Nanotubes; Composite Decrease; Conductive Particle; Dispersions; Elastomers; Electric Properties; Electric Resistance; Electrical and Mechanical Properties; Electrical Resistance; Electrical Resistances; Electro-Active Polymers; Mechanical Properties; Room-Temperature Vulcanized; Silicone Rubber; Silicone Rubber Composite; Silicones; Thinner
- The electrical and mechanical properties of room temperature vulcanized (RTV) silicone rubber composites are investigated as functions of multi-walled carbon nanotube (CNT), carbon black (CB), and thinner content. The thinner is used to improve the CNT and CB dispersion in the matrix. The electrical and mechanical properties of the composite with CNT are improved when compared to the composite with CB at the same content. As the thinner content is 80 phr, the electric resistance of the composite decreases significantly with the CNT content and shows contact point saturation of CNT at 2.5 phr. As the thinner content increases, the dispersion of conductive particles improves; however, the critical CB content increases because of the reduction in the CB weight ratio. It is believed that an electrode that needs good flexibility and excellent electrical properties can be manufactured when the amount of CNT and CB are increased with the thinner content. © 2013 The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.