Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Development of Mobile Social Network Systems Using Real-Time Facial Authentication and Collaborative Recommendations
- Development of Mobile Social Network Systems Using Real-Time Facial Authentication and Collaborative Recommendations
- Kwon, HJ[Kwon, Hyeong-Joon]; Kim, DJ[Kim, Dong-Ju]; Hong, KS[Hong, Kwang-Seok]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, DJ[Kim, Dong-Ju]
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
- Article Type
- Authentication; Biometrics; Collaborative Recommendation; Content Recommendations; Experiments; Local Directional Patterns; Location-Based Systems; Location Based Services; Mobile Social Networks; Social Networking (Online); Social Networking Services; Social Networking Systems; Technical Advancement
- We propose a location-based mobile social networking system (SNS) that integrates biometric facial authentication using a modified local directional pattern (MLDP), collaborative content recommendations, and communication among users. The proposed system is an effective fusion of a traditional social networking system, a location-based system, and a provider of intelligent recommendations. The prototype and service scenario in this study show possibilities for technical advancement and the future extension of mobile social networking services. To verify the proposed system, we performed experiments to determine the recognition rate for a user's facial image on a real-world smartphone and the preference prediction accuracy of a collaborative filtering-based recommendation system. Through our implementation and preference prediction experiments, we confirmed that the proposed system is highly effective and applicable to convergence using a location-based service and a content recommender. © 2013 Hyeong-Joon Kwon et al.
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.