Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Design of a composite right/left-handed transmission line unit-cell for a U-shaped mushroom ZOR antenna based on left-handed metamaterials
- Design of a composite right/left-handed transmission line unit-cell for a U-shaped mushroom ZOR antenna based on left-handed metamaterials
- Lee, Cherl-Hee; Lee, Jonghun; Woo, Dong-Sik; Kim, Kang-Wook
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jonghun
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society, 61(10), 1633-1635
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Author Keywords
- Left handed; Metamaterials; Composite right/left-handed; Mushroom; Antenna
- In this paper, a metamaterial-based zeroth-order (ZOR) mushroom antenna is presented by using a new composite right/left-handed (CRLH) transmission line unit-cell implemented with a U-shaped top plate is presented to extend bandwidth. The ZOR antenna whose resonance frequency is independent of the antenna size can enable a reduction of the antenna size. Because the shunt capacitance is determined by the area of a mushroom patch, a U-shaped mushroom having a lower shunt capacitance than the Sievenpiper mushroom structure is properly designed to widen the small bandwidth of the CRLH TL antenna. Compared to a square-shaped mushroom structure, a U-shaped mushroom structure for three unit-cells provided a reduced shunt capacitance and increased the 10-dB bandwidth by 2. 5 times at 9. 37 GHz. © 2012 The Korean Physical Society.
- Korean Physical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.